Sunday, August 17, 2008

Baked Pears

Last night I was *seeking sweets* and decided to make baked pears. I found a recipe in one of my cookbooks, but then decided to wing it. It was really easy to do and tasted delicious! Below is a summary of how I prepared the pears.
(borrowed image)
-Preheat oven to 325 degrees
-Slice pears in half vertically and use a spoon to dig out a little hole where the seeds are (I used 4 pears)
-in a quart size bag, dump: 1/4c each of brown sugar and confectioners sugar, 2 tbsp of lemon juice
-place halved pears in bag and gently roll/shake to cover pears with mixture
-remove pears from bag and place, cut side down, into glass baking dish
-add 1/2c of water or juice (I used pineapple juice) into bag with sugar, shake it up and empty into baking dish with pears (try not pour it straight onto the fruit)
-bake in oven for 15 minutes (you might need more if the fruit isn't very ripe)
-remove dish from oven and scoop pear halves onto a cooling rack for 10 minutes
-serve pears with a dollop of plain whipped cream cheese and crumbled graham crackers; sprinkle with cinnamon

Enjoy :)

No comments: